Why Tenant Participation?
The fundamental relationship between a social landlord and their tenant is not simply that of provider and consumer; you are partners in building communities and making great places to live.
Engaging with your tenants and supporting them to be a part of your business decision making processes is not only the right thing to do, it is the smart thing to do.
Implementing a comprehensive Tenant Participation programme will improve your business in tangible, quantifiable ways, for example:
- Improved services increase tenant satisfaction leading to sustainable tenancies. It also means properties don’t lie empty for long. Happy customers mean fewer voids.
- Create efficiencies by freeing up staff time to tackle other issues.
- Better understanding of your tenants’ circumstances leads to a proactive approach to problem solving saving time and money down the road.
- Having access to the right information will help you tackle the challenges of Welfare Reform.
- Staff satisfaction is improved through more meaningful engagement with tenants.
- Both tenants and staff become more knowledgeable and aware of each other’s perspectives and issues leading to partnership working.
- Tenant participation attracts outside investment and best practice recognition within the sector.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements introduced by the Tenant Participation Strategy for NI (2015-2020).
Membership in Empowering Communities offers you:
- Value for money
- Access to best practice
- Benchmarking information across the sector
- Networking opportunities for your staff
- Bespoke consultancy services - implement tenant participation practices that work specifically for your tenants and your business
- Independent oversight - we will ensure your staff and your tenants develop the skills needed for effective participation from an objective standpoint
Become a member today!